Sunday, September 18, 2011

Panic

I witnessed my husband get soap in Astrid's eyes during her bath today. I didn't see how it happened but I saw the aftermath. All of a sudden she began to scream bloody murder and flail in her cute, pink baby tub. She thought she was dying. I thought she was dying. As my husband watched in horror, I quickly (but in slow motion) scooped her out of the tub and held her close to my body. She was soaking wet and finally calmed down. After examination I could see her eyes and face were red, which is how I deduced it was a soap issue. I gave small tugs on her extremities and placed her back in the tub. I left the bathroom to continue making dinner.

For a good 5 minutes I was furious with my husband. I was scared for my child, but not because my husband is incompetent or ruthless. She was and is still in very capable hands. I felt something I had never felt, a panic that I had not stopped the incident all together. In that moment, the protector in me wanted to hurt the person who had hurt my cub. And I write this to document that I, for a few fleeting moments, wanted to kill my husband and save my infant- preferably by ripping his throat out. That moment is gone, thank goodness. Our happy family is fine.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

3 comments:

  1. lol Only he could fuck up bath time...seriously. You're using soap that lathers? Seems unlike you. She doesn't need that sort of soap yet. Poor Astrid. Post more photos less chit chat! :-P

    ReplyDelete
  2. dude, johnsons. i freak when i get soap in the dogs eyes lol. no tears shampoo :) do they make no tears body wash??

    ReplyDelete
  3. So we used Johnson's no tears kind when we brought her home but that would make her break out. So we started using Cedphil, which is for sensitive skin. I don't think it is no tears, but I never got soap in her eyes. Now we use Dr. Broners so that the whole family can use the same soap, just cuts down on cost. This stuff is also for sensitive skin, but unfortunately it does not have the magic no tears formula.

    We will just have to be more careful next time. And Fal, cut him some slack.

    ReplyDelete